카이스트 나노촉매 및 재료 연구실 홈페이지에 방문하신것을 환영합니다.
1. 차세대 에너지 연구
- 저온 작동 고체 산화물 연료전지 개발, biomass derived fuel을 이용한 SOFC 연구 및 전기생산과 동시에
고부가가치 product가 생산 가능한 system
- 고분자 전해질 연료전지를 위한 고활성 저가 전극물질 개발 및 메커니즘 연구
- 차세대 태양전지
- 열전소자 (Thermoelectric material)
2. 지구 및 인간이 지속가능한 촉매 및 나노재료 연구
- Biomass-derived fuel
- 저가유분 고도화
- Photoelectrochemical cell
3. 기능성 나노재료
- 조합화학기법에 의한 차세대 비휘발성 메모리 소재 개발
- 조합화학기법에 의한 차세대 투명전극재료개발
● Ph.D. Chem. Eng. 1983 University of Wisconsin-Madison,
Thesis; Vibration spectroscopy of immobilized cobalt and rhodium carbonyl used to effect the
catalytic hydroformylation of propylene
(Advisor; Charles G. Hill, Jr.).
● M.S. Chem. Eng. 1975 Korea Advanced Institute of Science, Seoul, Korea,
Thesis; Thermal degradation of poly(vinylchloride)
(Advisor; Professor Young G. Kim)
● B.S. Chem. Eng. 1973 Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Visiting Professor: Department of Chemistry, University of Tokyo
Director: Center for Ultramicrochemical Process Systems, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Professor: Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Humboldt Research Professor: Surface Reaction Laboratory, Max Planck Institute (Fritz-Haber-Inst.), Berlin, Germany
Visiting Professor: Research Laboratory of Resource Utilization, Tokyo Institute of Technology
3M Company Postdoctoral Fellow: Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, Worked with Professor G.A. Ozin on the preparation and characterizations of metal cluster catalysts via metal atom deposition technique
Research and Teaching Assistant: Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Research Engineer: Polymer Laboratory, Korea Institute of Science and Technology
- Excellent Paper Award (Korea Ass. of Scientist and Engineering, 1994)
- Academic Award (Korea Inst. of Chemical Engineers, 1997)
- Outstanding scholars of the 21th century (1st. ed., 2001)
- National Medal of Science and Technology (Jin-Bo-Jang) (2001)
- International scientist of 2002 (2003)
- The 6th Korean Engineering Award (2004)
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Distigushed Catalysis Lecturer (2005)
- 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21th Century (2006)
- Leading Engineers of the World, IBC (2006)
- Yeo-San Catalysis Awards (Korea Institute of Chemical Engineers, (2006)
- Outstanding Scientists of the 21st Century (IBC, 2007).
- Asian Admirable Achievers, Rifacimento International (2007).
- Leading Engineers of the World 2007, IBC (2007).
- Man of the Year-2007, American Biographical Institute (2007).
- The Best Korea Awards-2007 Future Core Industry Grand Prize, Herald Economy News Paper (2007)
- 2008 Man of the year in Science (2008), American Biographical Institute.
- 2000 Outstanding Scientists 2008/2009, IBC (2008).
- Gold Medal for Korea, ABI (2008)
- Asian Admirable Achievers, Rifacimento International (2008)
- Top 100 Scientists 2008 , IBC (2008).
- 2009 Man of the Year in Science, American Biographical Institute (2009)
- Asia/Pacific Whos’Who, Volume X, Rifacimento International (2010)
- Reference Asia, Asia’s Who’s Who of Men & Women of Achievement (2011)
- Marquis Who’s Who, Who’s Who in Asia 2012 2nd edition (2011)
- Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Korean Polymer Society, Council Member
- Korean Zeolite Society (Director, 1998-present)
- The National Academy of Engineering of Korea : Full member (1997-present)
- The Korean Academy of Science and Technology :Full member (1998-present)
- Organometallic Catalysts and Olefin Polymerization 2000 : Scientific Advisory Board (2000)
- Editorial Board Member of Catalysis Letter (2000- )
- Editorial Board Member of Topics in Catalysis (2000- )
- Chairman of Scientific Committee of 5th Int. Workshop of Catalytic Combustion (2002)
- Chairman of Organizing Committee of 1st Int. Symposium on Ultramicrochemical Processes (2002)
- Chairman of 2nd Int. Sym. on Ultramicrochemical Processes (2002)
- Operation Board member of Inteligent microsystems center (21st century frontier R&D program) (2003- )
- Organizing community member of KETI (2003- )
- 13th International Congress of Catalaysis: Scientific Advisory Board member (02-04)
- Gwa-Sil-Youn Central Members (2006-)
- Nice Science Advisory member (2006-)
- Chairman of Scientific Committee of 14th International Catalysis Congress, Seoul, Korea (2004-2008)
- Organizing Committee member of 4th International Workshop on Combinatorial Materials Science
& Technology, San Juan, Puerto Rico (2006)
- Organizing Committee Chairman of 1st International Combinatorial Catalysis Symposium (2006-2008)
- Advisory Committee member: 2nd USA-Korea Symposium on Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies.
Columbia, SC, USA (07)
- Chairman, Editing Steering Committee, Korean Inst. Of Chemical Engineers (07)
- Editorial Board Member of QASR and Combinatorial Science (08).
- International co-organizer, 6th Asian Forum on Carbon to Save the Earth, Jeonju (08)
- Editorial Board member of ChemSUSChem (2009).
- Chairman, International Workshop on EEWS 2009, Daejeon, Korea (2009)
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry (2010-present)
- Catalysis Letter
- Topics in Catalysis
- ACS Combinatorial